In line with Government guidelines, we will reopen all outdoor spaces to the public on 26 April, from 09:00-18:00 daily. Tickets are available to book now, pre-booking is essential due to limited capacity.
What is open: (updated 17 May)
- 120 Acres of Parklands
- 10km of walks
- The Quest
- Red Tree Trail, 5km and features 65 Trees of distinction
- The Solar Trail
- Treehouse Playground
- 7 Gallery Science Centre
- Gift Shop
- Cafe kiosk (take out)
- Bathroom facilities
- Open 09:00-18:00 daily, last entry 17:00.
- For the safety of our team and local community please refer to the updated government guidelines.
- Please pre purchase your ticket online prior to arrival.
We have the following safety measures in place for your visit:
- Sanitizer units located at entry and exit points
- Contactless payment
- COVID-19 Safety Charter from Failte Ireland in place
- Friends membership available to purchase online
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times within Birr Castle Demesne. Bikes, drones, footballs, and ball games of any sort are NOT permitted for the safety of all. Dogs are permitted on site but must be kept on a lead at all times, dogs are not permitted in the playground and please do clean up after your dog.
Car parking is available in the public car park across from our main entrance. This is a pay and display car park. There is NO car parking within Birr Castle Demesne.
Discovery Gift Shop
All year round (10% discount offered to FRIENDS of Birr Castle Demesne, a valid fob is required)