The Castle at Birr Castle Demesne is still a private family home, there is no access within the Castle itself.
There are seasonal guided tours of the interior of the Castle.
Click here for more information about Guided Castle Tours.
Your ticket gives you access to:
- The Gift Shop
- The Courtyard Cafe (daily from 10:00 – 17:00)
- Bathroom facilities
- Open 09:00-18:00 daily, last entry 17:00.
- 120 Acres of Parklands
- 10km of walks
- Treehouse Playground
- 7-Gallery Science Centre
- Red Tree Trail: 5km and 65 Trees of Distinction
- The Gallery Challenge
- The Solar Trail
- The Quest (weather permitting)
- The Engineering Trail
- The Flora Trail (April-June)
- Bird Spotter’s Guide
We have the following safety measures in place for your visit:
- Open daily from 09:00 – 18:00
- Contactless payment available.
- Courtyard Cafe opened every day
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times within Birr Castle Demesne.
- Dogs are permitted on site but must be kept on a lead at all times, dogs are not permitted in the playground and please do clean up after your dog.
- Bikes, drones, footballs, and ball games of any sort are NOT permitted for the safety of all.
- Food and Beverages are permitted inside the Demesne from the town.
- No barbecuing or naked flames are permitted within the Demesne.
Please note: There is no parking on the grounds of the Demesne. There are public car parking spaces beside the Marian Hall and along the Wall of the Demesne.
The car park ticket machine does not accept contactless payment, please have coinage to hand to acquire your ticket.