The Castle at Birr Castle Demesne is still a private family home, there is no access within the Castle itself.
There are seasonal guided tours of the interior of the Castle.
Click here for more information about Guided Castle Tours.
Your ticket gives you access to:
- The Gift Shop
- The Courtyard Cafe is now closed for the winter season.
- Bathroom facilities
- Open 09:00-16:00 daily, last entry 15:00.
- 120 Acres of Parklands
- 10km of walks
- Treehouse Playground
- Red Tree Trail: 5km and 65 Trees of distinction
- The Solar Trail
- The Quest (weather permitting)
- 7 Gallery Science Centre with Gallery Challenge
We have the following safety measures in place for your visit:
- Contactless payment.
- COVID-19 Safety Charter from Failte Ireland in place
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times within Birr Castle Demesne.
- Dogs are permitted on site but must be kept on a lead at all times, dogs are not permitted in the playground and please do clean up after your dog.
- Bikes, drones, footballs, and ball games of any sort are NOT permitted for the safety of all.