The owner and author of this website: The Birr Scientific and Heritage Foundation
T/A Birr Castle Demesne, Address; Rosse Row, Birr, County Offaly, R42 VO27, Tel; +353 (0)57 912 0336
Registered charity number 20013875 Not for profit organisation.
Accessing our website
Intellectual property rights
Birr Castle Demesne hold the copyright to any content or material provided or published on their website birrcastle.com This includes all information, text, images and layout displayed on this website.
Informational extracts from any pages may be downloaded/copied for personal use as long as we are acknowledged\credited as the authors of such material. No part of the content may be used for commercial use without written permission.
You are not permitted to print, copy, download or temporarily store extracts from this website without our prior permission:
- To the extent necessary for you to access and view this website online on your computer
- To the extent that this website provides downloading or printing facilities (such as wallpaper, screensavers and other utilities from the website)
It is not permitted for you to amend/change/interfere with design in any way, shape or form, the paper or digital copies of any material that you have downloaded/printed. All such material including images with accompanying text/information must remain as is.
Content provided on our site is for informational purposes only and does not offer advice.
Products offered for sale may differ from those described or illustrated on this website due to production cost changes, weather conditions or elements beyond our control. The content of this website is therefore to be treated as a representation of the current availability of products or services offered for sale. The right is reserved to make changes at any time without notice, to price, specification and also to discontinue products.
By purchasing a ticket of admission to Birr Castle Demesne, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to comply with all terms and conditions as stated.
- Your Admission ticket allows access only to the areas of the Demesne open on the day, at the time and for the period (if any) stated on the admission and no other rights or permissions whatsoever are conferred by the admission. Access to other parts of the Demesne is prohibited.
- Where a time of visit is stated at the time of booking (for example for guided tours), you must arrive for that time and it may not be possible to join a tour depending on how late you have arrived and on the basis that the running tour will not be disturbed should you join it. The decision of our staff on this matter will be final and binding. No refund will be made should you arrive late, on the wrong day or after opening hours. If you arrive early, you will not be admitted until the time specified at the time of booking unless we agree otherwise.
- You agree at all times while visiting the Residence to comply with the Conditions and with any directions given by ourselves or by our representatives.
- From time to time, Birr Castle Demesne or other authorized parties may carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms & conditions, you agree that Birr Castle Demesne or any authorized party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Birr Castle Demesne or such authorized parties (as the case may be).
You acknowledge that you will be liable to us for any damage caused by you to the Demesne or to any of its contents or for any injury caused to any of our staff or representatives or to other Visitors during your visit.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, you further agree that:
- where you are the Responsible Adult, you shall also be liable for all children that you accompany; and
- where you are the Organiser of a Group, you shall be jointly and severally liable (with the applicable Visitor(s)) for any damage caused by the Visitors in the Group.
- Without prejudice, we will not be liable for any breaches of the Conditions or delays arising from any event outside our control, including (but not limited to) fire, flood, storm, strikes, riots, civil commotion, material disaster, unscheduled State occasions, war or acts of governmental or parliamentary authority.
- During the current state due to COVID-19, you agree at all times while visiting Birr Castle Demesne, to comply with government guidelines. You also agree that if you are unwell, you will contact us to cancel your visit and will not attend the Demesne. Any member of staff/any authorised person may refuse admission to, or to eject from the residence at any time without refund any Ticket Holder who, in their reasonable opinion, is not complying with regulations put in place to prevent the spread of the virus to any other visitors and our staff.
- Gift cards/voucher once purchased/gifted can be exchanged for goods and services at Birr Castle Demesne only. Gift Cards are not valid for use at the Courtyard Café.
- Please note the Birr Castle Demesne Gift Card is not valid for use in any other business.
- Gift cards are non-transferable and can be used as part or full payment.
- Any remaining balance can be left on the card and spent on future purchases.
- Gift cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Gift cards are not cheque guarantee, credit, debit or charge cards.
- Birr Castle Demesne will not be held liable for cards which have been lost or stolen or mis-used.
- Minimum gift card purchase value of €20.00
- Should your voucher/gift card become damaged, Birr Castle Demesne will endeavour to replace the card providing you still have the damaged card in your possession and the necessary details can be obtained. A small fee of €2.50 applies for replacement cards.
- If a partial refund is made for any purchase using your gift card, any refund amount owing will be credited to the Birr Castle Demesne gift card.
- Birr Castle Demesne Centre reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights.
- Use of your gift card/voucher constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions, and we therefore recommend you read them carefully.
- Birr Castle Demesne gift cards remain the property of the company who maintains the right to cancel the card in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so.
- To check the remaining balance on a gift card, call to reception with your Gift Card.
Friends of Birr Castle Demesne Membership Terms and Conditions
- By purchasing your membership, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Access to the Demesne is strictly within our opening hours. Members must present a valid key fob to gain entry, otherwise normal admission rates will apply.
- Key tags are for the use of the named member only and are non-transferrable.
- A charge of €5.00 applies for the replacement of lost/broken key tags.
- The following items are not permitted in the demesne: bicycles, balance bikes, skateboards, drones and any other flying objects, rollerblades/skates, scooters, hurls, or ball games of any nature.
- Compliance of signs and fencing must be adhered to for your health and safety.
- Children aged 17 and under must be accompanied & supervised by an adult at all times while visiting the Demesne and playground.
- CCTV is in operation on site and within the buildings for your safety and security.
- Our terms and conditions contract/form must be signed by all members aged 18 and over or ticked online, for all new and renewal memberships.
- Membership entitles you to unlimited visits during opening hours throughout the duration of your membership, but it may exclude admission to any special events being held in the Demesne.
- Memberships have no monetary or refund value. Once purchased, refunds do not apply.
- Birr Castle Demesne reserves the right to refuse admission to any member. In the interest of public safety, visitors can be requested to leave the grounds at any time.
- Friends can avail of a reduced rate for all guided tours of 25%. Accompanying guests of Friends can avail of a discount of 10% off for all guided tours.
Pre-booking is required and subject to availability. Guided tours vary from season to season and year to year.
- Friends and their accompanying guests can avail of a 10% discount off the full adult general admission ticket price on entry, this offer is not valid for special events or in conjunction with other promotional offers.
- Failure to adhere to the rules of membership at Birr Castle Demesne will result in the immediate cancellation of membership without refund.
- A photograph is required for all members aged 18 and over, the photograph will be taken by a member of our team. Refusal to have your photograph taken will result in automatic cancellation of your membership.
- Members are welcome to have picnics in the main parklands. When doing so, please take home all of your leftovers/litter.
- Membership of other organisations cannot be substituted for a membership at Birr Castle Demesne.
- Membership terms and conditions and rates are subject to change without notice.
Dog Owners Terms & Conditions:
- Dog owners must hold their dogs on a leash at all times and the leash must be held by an adult.
- For the comfort and safety of other visitors and friends, your dog must be kept under control at all times.
- In the interest of Health & Safety all dog waste must be removed, please use the dog bags provided at reception.
- Dogs are not permitted in The Treehouse Adventure Playground or the Science Centre/Galleries.
- Please do not allow your dog to soil at the entrance or exit of the shop, including the doorways and within the shop area. Should your dog soil in these areas a clean-up fee of €20.00 will apply.
- Failure to adhere to our membership terms and conditions will result in immediate cancellation of your membership.
- Dog owners must adhere to the dangerous dog act as outlined on the Citizen Information web site. Failure to adhered to the act will result in automatic cancellation of your membership.
All names, marks, logos and images identifying the company are the propriety marks of the company. All other trademarks, brand names, product names, titles and copyrights used on this site are trademarks, brand names, product names are copyrights of their perspective holders. No permission is given by the company in respect of the use of any of the above mentioned and such use may constitute an infringement of the holders’ rights.
None of the exclusions and limitations in conditions are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or any statutory rights.
We reserve the right to alter or amend these terms or any other terms displayed on this website at any time without notice by posting the modified terms on this website. Any such modification shall be effective immediately and your continued use and access of this website will be deemed to be your acceptance [This will not affect contracts concluded on the basis of prior versions of the relevant terms].